Monday, April 6, 2009

Doings

Good grief....it's damned Toosday and I haven't had a blog for a week!

What with all the goings and comings, it's been hard I tell you.

First there was the hanging of the art at Jayes.......two funny artists Greg Hyde and Eris Fleming, 44 works to be hung and catalogued, whew! then it was the opening that I didn't (couldn't make) too busy lying on my back watching Vincent and Rebus, too tired to hold the remote even......

Here's a little vignette I put together that I endearingly call 'the village life'......reminds me of Molong!

Nice saying to put nearby, "It always good to live in a village because if you wake up in the morning and don't know what you're doing, you can always ask around!"

But a great show....the long painting is by Eris Fleming and is "The Village".....and 2 of Eris' sculptures depicting humanity!


Then there was the art class (Autumn Art School) for the ill-advised........but thye came in droves, painted and conquered the empty canvases in front of them, ate fabuluous country fare, talked too much, and drove off into the sunset satiated and tired.........I was completely farked by then.......back to the remote.......

and today is Mad Monday.........phone hasn't stopped, the flat has been like Pitt Street in a mid morning clearance sale day rush, people coming and going, more of them.........ah the world's gorn completely nuts!

Decided today that there is no economic downturn, only a media furphy to keep the slaves in serfdom.......my decidely small budget hasn't changed.......and managed to sell a painting on weekend to a rash of tourists.......it pays to be on the lookout.......

Sorry I didn't take any snaps to give you a gander at the rabid goings on in the bush....so you'll just have to guess or go and look at my friend Phil's website (lookaround.com.au) He's usually got the happy snaps thing going!

The bat phone is still ringing and someone's due in for dinner sometime tonite ....good grief it could be midnight before they make a show......ah well back to the remote!

Life goes on in downtown bush........

No comments: